HONOR 20 Pro to feature side-mounted fingerprint scanner
Unlike most recent flagships, HONOR is expected to buck the trend of under-display fingerprint scanners, and instead opt for a side-mounted fingerprint scanner on the HONOR 20 Pro. This revelation comes as a Facebook user leaks out a device which is allegedly the HONOR 20 Pro in its entirety.
The images also show that the HONOR 20 Pro will lack a 3.5mm jack, but that comes as no surprise as HUAWEI has also traditionally dropped the 3.5mm jack from the “Pro” variant of their flagships. Hopefully the HONOR 20 will come with one, but don’t keep your hopes up too high.
The HONOR 20 Pro will also sport a punch hole, similar to the HONOR View20 that came before it. With the new side-mounted fingerprint scanner, the HONOR 20 Pro might also tout an IPS display like the HONOR View20.
HONOR 20 Pro Specs – rumored
- Kirin 980, octa-core up to 2.6 GHz, 7nm FinFET
- Up to 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Up to 256GB UFS 2.1 storage (non-expandable)
- 6.26″ IPS LCD, HONOR AllView display (punch hole)
- 48MP f/1.4 Sony IMX 586 + 16MP f/2.2 ultra-wide + 8MP f/2.4 telephoto + 2MP f/2.4 macro
- 32MP selfie camera
- 3650 mAh battery, 22.5W HUAWEI Super Charge
What do you think of the HONOR 20 Pro? Yay, or nay?
Pokdepinion: I actually believe a side-mounted fingerprint scanner would be better than an under-display one…