More Details on God Eater 3 Surfaced; Enemies Can “Grow” Stronger
More details on God Eater 3 has surfaced via Japan’s Weekly Famitsu magazine, featuring general director Hiro Yoshimura and game producer Yuya Tomiyama.
More Details on God Eater 3 Surfaced
The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has an interview with God Eater IP general producer Yuusuke Tomizawa, general director Hiro Yoshimura, and God Eater 3 producer Yuya Tomiyama on the newly announced God Eater 3.
Here’s the breakdown of the interview on God Eater 3:
- First, they apologized for the three-year wait since the release of God Eater 2: Rage Burst.
- After development of God Eater 2: Rage Burst wrapped up, they reconsidered what draws people to God Eater and what players are looking for. By looking at user feedback, they were faced with a situation where what users want is considerably different from the current God Eater.
- In addition to looking at evolving the series, they explored market potential, including overseas expansion. Both God Eater 2: Rage Burst and God Eater: Resurrection were well-reviewed overseas.
- They felt that God Eater 3 should return to the feeling first felt in God Eater—the good feeling of speedily fighting enemies.
- God Eater 3 is set after the events of God Eater 2: Rage Burst.
- The setting of God Eater 3 is the area around a Fenrir Headquarters. However, the Fenrir Headquarters that existed in God Eater 2: Rage Burst has already collapsed.
- The world view from previous games has changed considerably, and the positions of the God Eaters have also changed.
- Development is proceeding with console as the base. It is being developed on PC, and from there will be moved to console.
- They’re evolving multiplayer to make it more enjoyable to play for the current era.
- (In regards gameplay outside of four-person multiplayer) It’s possible.
- The fields are being completely remade.
- You can move around seamlessly on the field, and areas are the biggest they have ever been in a God Eater game. Fields feel more expansive than ever. There are many fields with differences in elevation, as well.
- God Eater 3 will have enemies with different properties and abilities from Aragami, and these enemies will devour the player.
- Devoured enemies will enter a strengthened state, leaving the player in a critical situation.
- Up until now, the games were made up of “gods and mankind,” but this is vague in the protagonist of the game, who wore shackles on each of his hands. There’s a feeling of Gods devouring each other.
- In addition to dual wielding God Arcs, new God Arcs different from previous systems will also appear.
- Outside of that, the game will also incorporate new elements in order to face against formidable enemies.
- The smartphone RPG God Eater: Resonant Ops is set between God Eater 2: Rage Burst and God Eater 3, but that doesn’t mean you won’t be able to understand God Eater 3 without playing it.
- Development is currently 30 percent complete.
God Eater 3 is planned for release worldwide, including the Americas, Europe, Japan, and Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia,Thailand, Philippines, and Indonesia).
Credits to Hachima Kikou for the information.
Pokdepinion: Well, God Eater 3 is shaping up to be quite an interesting game. I’m just hoping the final product will not end up as a disappointment, especially with the hype surrounding the game.