OPPO Reno 10x Zoom offers up to 60x digital zooming
Step aside, HUAWEI. OPPO is here with a new challenger. The OPPO Reno 10x Zoom is their flagship variant, with a periscope zoom lens offering a hybrid 10x. It seems like OPPO aren’t going to stop at just 10x zoom but go all the way to 60x via some digital zooming. This following video was shared by 沈义人Brian on Weibo.
By comparison, the only other devices in the market that offer a similar amount of zoom would be the HUAWEI P30 Pro at 50x zoom and the HUAWEI P30 at 30x. It is worth noting however that OPPO uses a 13MP zoom camera while HUAWEI uses an 8MP sensor behind the telephoto lenses in the HUAWEI P30 devices, so OPPO should have the upper hand here.
Here are the specifications of the OPPO Reno 10x Zoom:
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom Specifications
- Snapdragon 855, octa-core up to 2.84 GHz, 7nm FinFET
- Up to 8GB RAM
- Up to 256GB storage
- 6.6″ FHD+ AMOLED display, 93.1% screen-to-body ratio
- 48MP f/1.7 + 8MP f/2.2 ultra-wide + 13MP f/3.0 telephoto
- 16MP f/2.0 selfie camera, sharkfin popup
- ColorOS 6 based on Android 9 Pie
- 4065 mAh battery, 20W VOOC Flash Charge 3.0
It would be interesting to see how much OPPO will charge for the OPPO Reno 10x Zoom if and when and it arrives here in Malaysia. Given OPPO’s track record with their premium smartphones, it would be safe to expect a pretty hefty price tag.
Pokdepinion: What are we ever gonna do with that much zoom?