Three ASUS Zenfone 3 Series Welcomes Android Oreo Update! – Old but not forgotten
Better late than never
Back in August last year, ASUS assured Zenfone users everywhere that they would be rolling out Android Oreo 8.0 updates across both the Zenfone 4 series as well as the Zenfone 3 series. Last week ASUS revealed the dates for the Oreo update for the Zenfone 3 ZE552KL and ZE520KL as well as the Zenfone 4 ZE554KL devices.
Well now ASUS has just announced the dates of when the Android Oreo updates are supposed to roll out for another three devices from the Zenfone 3 lineup and it’s going to be sometime this month! The devices getting the Android Oreo update are the Zenfone 3 Laser ZC551KL, the Zenfone 3 Deluxe ZS550KL and the Zenfone 3 Zoom ZE553KL.
The FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) Android Oreo updates will start sometime in the middle of the month of March for the Zenfone 3 Deluxe ZS550KL. As for the Zenfone 3 Laser ZC551KL and Zoom ZE553KL, the Android Oreo update will start somewhere at the end of March.
Some of the features you’ll be getting from the Android Oreo update are:
- Background limits – Android Oreo helps minimize background activity in the apps you use least
- Autofill – With your permission, Autofill remembers your logins to get you into your favorite apps at supersonic speed
- Smart text selection – Android Oreo recognizes text when you tap or select, then recommends a next logical step via a suggested app
- Notification Dots – Press the notification dots to quickly see what’s new, and easily clear them by swiping away
- Android Instant Apps – Use new apps right from your browser, no installation needed
- A fully redesigned emoji set
- Adaptive icons for consistent icons
- Install unknown apps – Hostile downloader apps can’t operate without permission; users now permit the installation of APKs per-source
The updates will be implemented in stages however so if you haven’t gotten your update notification you can check them manually by going to Settings > About > System Update on your mentioned Zenfone devices. Click here for more information on Android Oreo 8.0 and its features.
Pokdepinion: It’s nice to see ASUS still supporting the Zenfone 3 line with major updates considering the line is already two years old now. Way to show your customers that you care.