Garmin Launches Instinct 2 Series Smartwatches That Can Charge Using Sunlight
Garmin Malaysia has announced the Instinct 2 Series, a new addition to their Instinct line of smartwatches that includes robust lifestyle features, new sizes and colours, and additional health monitoring features.
Introducing Garmin’s new Instinct 2 Series smartwatches
The Instinct 2 Series offers significant battery life improvements, with up to four weeks of continuous use in smartwatch mode. Select Instinct 2 Solar models, which are equipped with advanced solar technology, also provide an unlimited battery life when switched to smartwatch mode. Aside from breaking a new battery record, the Instinct 2 series features a slimmer profile in two sizes – a traditional 45mm bezel and a new Instinct 2S with a smaller 40mm bezel.
Garmin’s new smartwatches come in a variety of colour schemes, including Deep Orchid, Poppy, and Neo-Tropic, and are available on the Instinct 2 Solar, standard models (non-solar), Surf, Tactical, and Camo editions. This series, which pays homage to the tough Instinct and Instinct Solar Series, is built to military standard 810 for thermal and shock resistance and is water-rated to 100 metres. The Instinct 2 also comes with a new high-resolution, easy-to-read display that is protected by chemically strengthened, scratch-resistant glass.
The Instinct 2 Series comes in three different editions, each edition with unique and dedicated features:
- Surf Edition: Watersports activities such as surf, windsurfing, and kiteboarding, as well as a tides widget, keep users informed about ocean conditions. Surfline SessionsTM compatibility allows users to keep track of their activities and review them later. Surf editions, named after famous surf breaks, are available in Instinct 2 and Instinct 2S with or without solar.
- Tactical Edition: The Instinct 2 Solar – Tactical Edition, which is popular among military personnel, includes dedicated tactical features such as a Kill Switch, Stealth Mode, Night Vision Goggle Compatibility, Dual Format Position Coordinates, and Jumpmaster Activity mode. Coyote Tan or Black is available.
- Camo Edition: Graphite and Mist Camo patterns allow people to blend in or stand out depending on their surroundings, whether they are in the concrete jungle or the actual jungle.
Furthermore, the Garmin Connect IQ (CIQ) store, an all-in-one platform for further personalising the Instinct 2 Series with free downloads of apps, widgets, watch faces, data fields, and more is now compatible with the Instinct 2 Series. Through CIQ, Instinct 2 Series owners can also access health and wellness features such as Hydration Tracking, Connect Leaderboard, and Menstrual Cycle and Pregnancy Tracking.
Price and availability
- Graphite (Non Solar) – RM1,630
- Graphite Camo/Mavericks (Non Solar) – RM1,860
- Graphite/Mist Gray/Tidal Blue (Solar) – RM2,099
- Black/Coyote Tan/Bell Beach (Solar) – RM2,330
- Graphite/Deep Orchid/Poppy (Non Solar) – RM1,630
- Mist Camo/Waikiki (Non Solar) – RM1,860.00
- Graphite/Mist Gray/Neo Tropic (Solar) – RM2,099
- Ericeira (Solar) – RM2,330
For more information on the Instinct 2 Series, click here.
Pokdepinion: I would love to have the Solar edition if it doesn’t mean I have to have the watch hooked up to my charger every once in a while.