Watch Dogs Legion Online Mode Is Coming This 10 March
Ubisoft has just announced the availability of the upcoming online mode for Watch Dogs Legion. It’s coming this 10 March via a free update for Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store on Windows PC.
What’s coming in the online mode for Watch Dogs Legion?
Here are some of the things to expect with the online mode of Watch Dogs Legion, including:
- Free-roam open-world co-op where players can team up with their friends for up to four- players and explore London, encounter city events, complete challenges and participate in side activities.
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players using new co-op gameplay mechanics and giving players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team and fight back against London threats across the most iconic landmarks of the city.
- “Leader of the Pack,” the first four-player co-op Tactical Op which will require teamwork and efficiency. It’s made of five interconnected narrative missions which are endgame content,
made for players who are seeking a challenge. Players will need to strategize and communicate effectively with their teammates and ensure they have upgraded gadgets and recruited a strong cast of characters.
- The first available Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode, Spiderbot Arena, where four players control armed spiderbots and compete in a high-intensity free-for-all deathmatch.
In the online mode, players will earn XP to increase their rank and unlock various rewards by completing any activities online. Some of these rewards include exclusive cosmetics and influence points to recruit new operatives or upgrade their DedSec gadgets.
Furthermore, those who purchased the game’s Season Pass will see them have access to two single-player campaigns on 10 March. These campaigns include:
- Guardian Protocol: DedSec tracks an algorithm that could allow AI to override human decisions. If they don’t find it, it could be used to turn weaponized drones into autonomous executioners.
- Not in Our Name: A secret group is stealing DedSec’s name. Worse, they’re also stealing information so their employer, a ruthless tabloid owner, can use it to blackmail their victims.
Ubisoft also revealed some of their post-launch plans for Watch Dogs Legion in 2021. There will be future content such as Invasion PvP mode, all-new co-op missions and free characters. Players who purchased the game’s Season Pass will also have access later this year to extra DedSec missions, the Watch Dogs Legion – Bloodline story expansion, new playable heroes such as Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments who possesses the mind control ability; Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order; Aiden Pearce and Wrench from the Watch Dogs franchise.
For more information on Watch Dogs Legion, you can check out the official page here.
Pokdepinion: I still have yet to try Watch Dogs Legion. Waiting for the game to go on sale before I think about pulling that trigger.