Shopee Signs 5-Year Partnership Deal With Visa
Shopee has today announced a five-year regional strategic partnership with Visa where they aim to encourage Southeast Asia’s overall economic growth as well as offer benefits to Shopee users.
Shopee partners up with Visa
With the partnership, they aim to achieve the following:
- Incentivize MSMEs to digitalize their business on Shopee and adopt digital payments through Visa
- Provide MSMEs with marketing and campaign support to drive awareness, traffic, and sales to online stores
- Launch co-branded credit card in collaboration with local banks
- Offer fast, easy and secure Visa payments to all Shopee users
- Create unique experiences for Shopee users through Visa’s exclusive sponsorship platforms
They’ve said that Shopee users will be able to enjoy additional promotions and rewards. Talking about the co-branded credit card, they will launch co-branded credit cards in partnership with local banks. It will offer shoppers integrated and seamless rewards as well as allow Visa to reach more local consumers in the country.
In 2019, there has been 150 million people that has either bought or sold items online with more than 70% of Southeast Asia adult population being unbanked or underbanked.
Pokdepinion: More rewards? I guess there’s the extra motivation for you to shop now.