New Magic The Gathering Virtual Art Exhibition Coming To Malaysia This 18th February
Wizards of the Coast has just announced that they will be holding a special “Magic The Gathering Virtual Art Exhibition – 83 Artists who Drew the World of Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty” together with the release of the new Kamigawa: Neon Destiny expansion this 18th February. With a new VR viewing experience, visitors will be able to experience the magnificent art of Magic.
Experience the art of Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty with Magic The Gathering Virtual Art Exhibition
The “Magic The Gathering Virtual Art Exhibition – 83 Artists who Drew the World of Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty” will open on Friday, February 18th, in connection with the release of the new Magic The Gathering set Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty. It will be an interactive art exhibition with VR and gameplay features that will allow viewers to actively experience the art. The experience of walking around the exhibition while conversing with other participants from around the world via PC or VR device can be had from the comfort of one’s own home.
The show will contain card art from Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty, created by 83 artists, the majority of whom are Japanese. Cards drawn by Tetsuo Hara of “Fist of the North Star” fame, Yoji Shinkawa, the Art Director of KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS Co., Ltd., and Katsuya Terada, the character designer of “Kamen Rider W” will be among the pieces on show.
The Magic The Gathering Virtual Art Exhibition not only allows you to immerse yourself in the realm of magic and card art through virtual reality, but it also includes a number of tricks. Your avatar, for example, will change depending on the cards you receive and how successful you are at catching them. Special content, such as 3D characters popping from cards, characters appearing to multiple people at once for a shared experience, and images, are also available.
What’s in Magic The Gathering Virtual Art Exhibition?
A total of 134 works of card art from 83 artists will be on display. Visitors will be able to see the beauty and power of MTG art as well as enjoy five different content features that will allow them to get a better understanding of the MTG world. Below are some of the content viewers can expect to see:
- Into the card art – In the world of Kamigawa – a fusion of Japanese mythology and technology, you can enjoy the confluence of Japanese mythology and technology. We haven’t visited this plane in over 1200 years. Explore Towashi’s and Boseiju’s concept art. View the show in the midst of a bustling cityscape.
- Viewing experience evolves in a virtual world – Take the art in your hand and draw it toward you for a new art viewing experience. You’ll witness artist commentary, behind-the-scenes preliminary sketches, and a card that you can hold in your hand and look at right in front of your eyes.
- A 3D Experience that Brings Life to the Artwork – In this unique virtual experience, the player’s power releases the universe and tale contained within the card. Right in front of your eyes, you can summon the legendary Dragon Spirit portrayed on the cards.
- First Public Release of Artwork from World Guide – See over 30 previously unreleased things from the Wizards of the Coast Development Studio World Guide for the first time. This is certain to be a show that fans will enjoy.
- A community gathering in the Magic world – You can find a variety of Magic-related material in the “Octagonal Pavilion.” You can come here to interact with other players, whether you are a new player or a long-time fan.
That’s not all, those who view all 134 artworks in the “Magic The Gathering Virtual Art Exhibition – Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty” will stand a chance to win some MTG goodies from Wizards of the Coast. Five random winners will be selected and will take home a B2 size poster autographed by Tetsuo Hara, artist of “Fist of the North Star”. All you have to do is view all 134 cards and fill out a form afterwards at the special campaign website. The giveaway period is from 18th to 24th February.
You can check out the upcoming Kamigawa: Neon Destiny expansion here. You can also check out our preview of one of the cards from the upcoming set here.
Pokdepinion: I’m really excited about the Magic The Gathering Virtual Art Exhibition. Wizards recently provided us with a set together with the boosters and I must say that they look pretty fun and the art on them is exquisite.
Leave a Response