Vainglory Heroes Get “Ultimate” Boost in Update 2.5.0; Talents in Non-Competitive play, New Skins & Quest Interface
The infamous MOBA making a storm on mobile devices, Vainglory is getting a boost in an update.
Any of you guys playing Vainglory on mobile? Sure feels like a particular MOBA, doesn’t it? Well, if you are, there is an update that’s gone live that will affect heroes’ skills.
Vainglory Heroes Get “Ultimate” Boost in Update 2.5.0
From June 1st, 2017(GMT +8), all heroes will now have 3 unlockable Talents, tiered between “Rare”, “Epic”, and “Legendary”. Each Talent is unique to each individual hero, and affects the game in several ways. Some flashier Talents, like Gwen’s previously mentioned Aces High, affects play directly, by increasing a skill’s damage or the area of effect.
Some are more utilitarian, like Koshka’s Frenzied Talent, which allows her basic attack to lower the cooldown timer of her skills. With such a variety of Talents available, players will be allowed to make even more dramatic plays on the battlefield.
Talents will only be available in Vainglory’s, non-competitive “Brawl” game modes, which allow for short and casual five to ten minute games.
How do I get Talents?
Players interested in unlocking these Talents for their hero-of-choice, can do so by collecting “Talent coins” through one of three ways. Players can choose to perform daily quests and complete five matches with five heroes of their choice to earn a Hero chest. Alternatively, players can earn “Talent coins”, through random drops by purchasing mystery chests as well as purchasing a set of randomly selected Talent coins on the marketplace.
Purchasing a set of Talent coins can only be done through the game’s “earned” currency, Glory. Once the Talents have been unlocked, players will be encouraged to level up these Talents, also using Talent coins and Glory.
New Hero Skins
Veteran players will be excited to learn that some of their favourite heroes will be getting new skins update 2.5.0
The “Netherknight” Lance (Legendary) will be one of the four new hero skins rolled out in 2.5.0
- “Netherknight” Lance (Legendary)
- “Broken Doll” Alpha (Legendary)
- “Spider Queen” Kestrel (Epic)
- “Lapdog” Grumpjaw (Rare)
Quest Interface Changes
- The new “5-Hero Chest” replaces the first quest slot on the app front page. Play five different heroes to earn talent coins for those specific heroes! Make progress faster upgrading talents for the heroes you enjoy most.
- Players will see a more prominent presentation of bonuses on the App’s front page for consecutive wins
With the introduction of the new Talents progression system, Glory (earned currency) has become a much more precious commodity and you may run low from time to time. If there’s a talent coin you need in the Pick 3 or an upgrade just out of reach, you can now buy Glory with ICE (premium currency) to ensure you don’t miss out.
Dodging and Low Priority Queue Changes
- Players dodging matches will face stricter penalizations, in Ranked matches, losing visual skill tier approximately equal to if you lost that match.
- Players detected and reported for trolling behavior will face spending time in the Low Priority Queue (LPQ), where they face a countdown clock before they can play their next match.
For the full update notes for Vainglory, including hero and item balancing, click here.
Pokdepinion: Looks like I might need to re-visit Vainglory again to see what all the hubbub is about.