How to Counter These 15 Annoying Raya Situations with Help from Netflix
Hari Raya Aidilfitri is just around the corner but this year, things are going to be very different from before. What will most likely not change is you getting stuck in some annoying situations during Hari Raya. Whether you’re gonna be on FaceTime, Zoom calls, or even Google Meet, you’re gonna need some mental preparation for that.
Whether it’s about putting on some weight or asking when you’re gonna get married, the folks over at Netflix have drawn inspiration from some of the most popular shows on the platform for answers. For some added bit of fun, you can print it out and send it to them if you know who and what they’re going to ask.
Without further ado, let’s check out the ways to counter 15 annoying raya questions with help from Netflix.
1. When auntie weighs in on your physical appearance
2. When auntie asks about your future career plans that you haven’t thought about yet
3. When you’re deciding if you should say goodbye to that baju kurung from 8 years ago
4. That one uncle you see once a year who can never remember what you do for a living
5. When auntie compares your earning potential to your cousins’
6. When you’re 3 hours into your family Zoom call
7. When you have 60 cousins in the family and not enough cash
8. When your uncle kepoh your love life (again)
9. When auntie starts poking around your career progression
10. When auntie tries to find out if you have a boyfriend (for the 6th time today)
11. When you have a girlfriend (finally) and now you’re stuck with questions about your marriage plans
12. When you’ve been married for a year and auntie starts asking for a grand niece
13. When you’re taking a gap year to figure out what you want to do with your life
14. When you’re looking fly this Raya and don’t know how to handle compliments
15. When you’re really just not hungry at the moment
It’s a little bit early but we at Pokde.net, as well as our friends from Netflix, would like to wish you a Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir dan Batin. As Netflix puts it, “Semoga Raya Kita, Berbagai Cerita”. Be sure to stay tuned for the Hari Raya watch list by clicking right here.