New NVIDIA Driver Update Finally Fixes Modern Warfare 2 Flash Corruption
A recent NVIDIA driver update has finally addressed the flashing corruption issue that plagued Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.
NVIDIA Driver Fixes Modern Warfare 2 Flash Corruption
A new NVIDIA driver update, version 526.86, has arrived. It brings a number of important fixes, especially for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Vanguard. It finally addresses the flashing corruption issue that plagued the former game whereas for the latter, it fixes a crash issue which isn’t as widely faced.
It has been advised that if you’re looking to play Warzone 2 when it’s out, you should play it on this specific driver. It should improve stability across all of the recent Call of Duty games that are out right now on PC. For the full list of fixes, including one for Forza Horizon 5, check it out right below here:
- [Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II] Flashing corruption can be seen randomly while playing the game.
- [Call of Duty: Vanguard] Game may randomly crash after extended gameplay
- VTube Studio crashes to black screen after driver update
- GPU may get stuck in P0 state after exiting certain games
- [Anvil Engine Games] Environment flickering
- Drop in 8K60 AV1 decoding performance on RTX 4090
- [Forza Horizon 5] Some PC configurations may see rainbow-like artifacts in game after extended gameplay
- Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used.
- [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings.
- Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled.
- Maxon – Cinema4D + Redshift3D vidmemory allocations cause TDR or Driver Crash
- RedCine-X Pro potential crash while working with effects during video playback
- Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) service may report higher GPU usage on some RTX 30- series configurations
- Workaround: disable Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling from the Windows Settings [Daz Studio] Application crashes after updating to latest driver when trying to run simulation
You can get the update either via GeForce Experience or by clicking right here.
Pokdepinion: Here’s to hoping that it doesn’t introduce any further major issues not just in Modern Warfare 2, but also other games.