Overwatch 2: Ramattra’s Ultimate Ability Could Run Forever
Based on the descriptions for Ramattra’s abilites in Overwatch 2, his ultimate ability could be one that can potentially be running forever.
Ramattra Skill List in Overwatch 2
Recently, we were treated to some gameplay footage of the upcoming character, Ramattra. Since then, we’ve learned about his abilities in Overwatch 2, provided no changes will be made prior to his arrival. Before we dissect some information, let’s look at his entire ability list first:
Fires a stream of projectiles in a fixed pattern.
- Rate of fire: 25 per second
- Ammo: 100
- Headshot: Yes
- Most useful at close range
- Deals mid-range “poke damage”
- Can headshot for increased damage
Create a barrier at the targeted location.
- Health: 1,000
- Cooldown: 15 seconds
- Protects Ramattra’s teammates
- A line on the floor is generated that shows the player where the barrier will be drawn
- Temporary effect
Transform into Nemesis Form, changing your attacks and gaining bonus armor.
- Duration: 8 Seconds
- Transforms Ramattra into a bigger, more powerful Omnic
- Grants him 150 Armor
- 8 second cooldown
Punch forward, creating a wave of energy with every swing.
- Damage: 60
- Maximum range: 11 meter radius
- Rate of fire: 1 attack every 0.6 seconds
- Ammo: Unlimited
- Exclusive to Nemesis form
- Delivers a punch that can pierce enemy shields
- Cannot be eaten by D.Va’s Defense Matrix
Significantly reduces damage taken from the front and reduces movement speed.
- Damage reduction: -75%
- Movement speed: 50% penalty
- Exclusive to Nemesis form
- Slows Ramattra’s speed, is only useful from the front
- Effectiveness extends to AoE ultimates, such as Hanzo’s Dragons and Torbjorn’s Molten Core
- No cooldown activation is toggled
Fire a nano ball, which explodes when it hits the ground, spreading a damaging field. Affected enemies are also slowed and pulled downward.
- Damage: 10 damage per second
- Movement speed: 33% penalty
- Maximum range: 4 meter radius
- Duration: 3 seconds
- Cooldown: 12 seconds
- Available in both forms
Create a spreading swarm of nanobots that creep out in front of you, dealing damage and reducing enemy damage dealt by 50%.
- Area of effect: 11 meter radius
- Duration: Dependent on dealing damage to enemies
- Transforms into Nemesis form, until the Ultimate ends
- Ring of energy extends around Ramattra
- Unknown if it does or doesn’t inflict a 50% damage penalty to enemies in the radius
Looking at his abilities overall, it does appear as if Ramattra is how Doomfist was intended to be as a tank. When taking his ultimate ability into consideration, it would appear that he might be far scarier than initially expected. As you might know by now, he can go between two forms, with the Nemesis form allowing him to be tankier and more devastating in close range at the expense of speed.
On its own, it seems fine as it can only last 8 seconds but when paired to his ultimate skill, it can potentially last forever. After all, its duration is dependent on him dealing damage to enemies. Therefore, if he can continuously deal damage, he can stay in Nemesis form. While this sounds like something that could break the balance of Overwatch 2, he will be hindered from staying for too long due to the movement speed penalty. For now, we will just have to wait and see.
Overwatch 2 Season 2 will be launching on 6th December 2022. The game is currently available for free for the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
Pokdepinion: If this makes it easier to take down some of the more solid tanks and allow for more aggressive plays, then this is something I really look forward to.