PlayStation Asia Lunar New Year Promo Has Discounts and Red Packets
PlayStation Asia is celebrating Lunar New Year with a special Let’s Play promotion, with discounts and red packets up for grabs. Here’s everything that you need to know.
PlayStation Asia “Let’s Play” Lunar New Year Promo
From 1st February to 20th February 2022, PlayStation Asia will be celebrating Lunar New Year with a “Let’s Play” promotion. There will be a grand total of 150 red packets being given away with the top winner walking away with one worth up to RM5,700.
If you want to participate in the red packet giveaway, all you have to do is:
- Register from now until 20th February 2022 using your PSN ID on the official Let’s Play page.
- Use any entertainment app or play any game on your PS4 / PS5 console from 1st February to 20th February 2022.
- Top 50 winners will be selected for each Play Category (based on tracked play record / usage hours) starting 25th February 2022 onwards via email.
- Winners can pick prize category based on player ranking, with prizes including:
- Spotify gift cards
- Starbucks gift cards
- Grabfood delivery voucher
- PlayStation Store vouchers
- ALL IT eGift cards
- End Clothing gift cards
- ASOS gift vouchers
- Zalora gift vouchers
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel gift cards
- Traveloka gift cards
- Lazada gift cards
For a better breakdown of how each Play Category works, refer to the table right below here:
|Play Category||Description & Prizes|
|Press to Play||Entrants can use any Entertainment Apps (Non-Gaming Apps) of their choosing. Any Non-Gaming Apps used by each entrant will count towards the total usage hours by the entrant. The top 50 entrants per each region who use the longest hours (total usage time) will win prizes.
Top 1 – 10 winners will win MYR 2,000 worth of vouchers.
Top 11 – 20 winners will win MYR 400 worth of vouchers.
Top 21 – 50 winners will win MYR 120 worth of vouchers.
|Connect to Play||Playing of any game titles in online multi-player mode on PS4/PS5. This excludes Free-to-Play games.
Entrants can play any game titles in online multi-player mode of their choosing (excluding Free-to-Play games). Any game titles played by each Entrant will only count towards the total playing hour by the Entrant. The top 50 entrants per each region who play the longest hours (total playing time) will win prizes.
Top 1 – 10 winners will win MYR 3,300 worth of vouchers.
Top 11 – 20 winners will win MYR 1,000 worth of vouchers.
Top 21 – 50 winners will win MYR 200 worth of vouchers.
|Time to Play||Playing of any game titles in non-online multi-player mode on PS4/PS5 including Free-to-Play titles in online and non-online player modes on PS4/PS5.
Entrants can play any game titles in non-online multi-player mode of their choosing. Any game titles played by each Entrant will only count towards the total playing hours by the Entrant. The top 50 entrants per each region who play the longest hours (total playing time) will win prizes
Top 1 – 10 winners will win MYR 5,700 worth of vouchers.
Top 11 – 20 winners will win MYR 2000 worth of vouchers.
Top 21 – 50 winners will win MYR 300 worth of vouchers.
|For everyone||Participation Prize
One exclusive set of avatars made up of all-time favorite game characters will be awarded to all Let’s Play participants at the end of the campaign season.
PlayStation Games and Peripherals Discount
As for the discounts on games and peripherals however, it will be up for grabs from 26th January to 9th February 2022. This includes:
- PS VR with PS Camera = RM979
- DualShock 4 (Jet Black, Glacier White, Magma Red, and Green Camouflage) = RM179
- Demon’s Souls (PS5) = RM169
- Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut (PS5) = RM209
- Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut (PS4) = RM169
- The Last of Us Part II (PS4) = RM79
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time (PS4) = RM79
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) = RM129
Pokdepinion: It’s a great time to get more PlayStation stuff if you happen to be in the market for some, given all the discounts. While you’re enjoying the games at home, you might win some goodies so might as well register while you’re at it.