What You Need to Know About PS4 System Software Update 4.50 “Sasuke”; It’s Already Available for Your PlayStation 4
The PS4 System Software Update 4.50 “Sasuke” is out. Here’s everything you need to know about it.
When it comes to the PlayStation 4’s firmware update, sometimes you see some small changes or fixes while in other times you get something big. In the case of the PS4 System Software Update 4.50, it’s definitely the latter.
The PS4 System Software Update 4.50 “Sasuke” is bringing in a bunch of awesome things, along with the usual small fixes and security stuff. If you haven’t updated it yet or you’re just wondering what’s coming on the firmware, well, don’t fret. Here’s everything you need to know about the PS4 System Software Update 4.50.
PS4 System Software Update 4.50 Details
There are a number of things that interests people in the PS4 System Software Update 4.50. The addition of boost mode, 3D Blu-Ray, and what is probably the most exciting new feature yet, the support for external HDDs.
Previously if you wanted more storage, you’d either have to open up your PlayStation 4 console and change the internal HDD to a bigger capacity one or buy a new one with a bigger storage capacity. Now, you don’t have to do that anymore. Just get an external HDD and it’ll function just like the internal HDD.
Yes, you can store your digital games on said internal HDD and it will show up on the PlayStation 4 just like it would be on the internal HDD. For the full list of what’s coming on the PS4 System Software Update 4.50, we’ve listed everything you need to know just below here:
Main features in System Software Update 4.50
- You can now use a USB storage device to install applications, or move applications from your PS4’s system storage. The following USB storage devices can be used. Select(Settings) > [Devices] > [USB Storage Devices], select the connected USB storage device, and then format it for use as extended storage.* External hard disk drive
- USB 3.0 or later
- 250 GB minimum, 8 TB maximum capacity
- The quick menu is now more user friendly. Creating, joining, and other party features are even easier to access.
- (Notifications) has been redesigned. All notifications now appear in a single list.
- When using Remote Play on a Windows® PC, Mac, Xperia™ Smartphone, or Xperia™ Tablet, you can now use your device’s microphone for voice chat in games or in parties.
- You can now use screenshots to customize the background of your home screen and function screen. Select(Settings) > [Themes] > [Select Theme] > [Custom].
- You can now post screenshots directly to activities, such as those shown in [What’s New]. Press the SHARE button, select [Screenshot], and then select [Activities] as the upload destination.Also, you can now tag games and fellow players.
- You can now post animated GIFs to activities and social applications.
- Your status is now visible as(Mobile) when you sign in to an application such as(PlayStation App), even when you are away from your PS4 system. This means you are available to communicate with Friends.
- You can now make a party public or private even after the party has been created. Select(Party) > [Party Settings] > [Party Privacy].
- PlayStation VR now supports Blu-ray 3D™ content.
Other features in PS4 System Software Update 4.50
- The PS4 system you use to sign in to PlayStation Network for the first time is now automatically activated as your primary PS4 system.
- As a parent or guardian, you can now easily create sub accounts for your children when creating your master account.
- You can now upload or download saved data right from the home screen. Press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Upload/Download Saved Data].
- You now have the option to share screenshots on PlayStation Network. When sharing, you can also adjust privacy settings.
- You can now launch(SHAREfactory) right from(Capture Gallery). Press the OPTIONS button while viewing(Capture Gallery), and then select [Edit in SHAREfactory].
- You can now change the color of your profile screen to match the cover image. On your profile screen, select(Options) > [Change Cover Image] > [Change Background Color].
- When reporting inappropriate content, you can now preview your report before sending.
- The design of(PS4 Remote Play) for Xperia™ has been updated.
- When you receive a partyinvitation, you can now respond from(Messages) or(PS Messages) with a quick reply.
- Your profile screen cover image on your PS4 system is now displayed in(PS Messages).
- Cinematic mode image quality on PlayStation VR has been improved.* Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- Mac is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- “Xperia™” is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Mobile Communications AB.
- “Blu-ray 3D™” is a trademark of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
Pokdepinion: It’s wonderful that we finally have external HDD support for the PlayStation 4. I hope this isn’t the beginning of some software piracy outbreak because if that happens, I’m pretty sure Sony will try their best to remove all external storage support in the future. Whatever it is, the PS4 System Software Update 4.50 is a welcomed update for our beloved console.